To change the name of a company in Uganda, you need to follow the procedure outlined by the Companies Act 2012. The following steps can be taken:
- Hold a meeting of the board of directors: The first step in changing the name of a company is to hold a meeting of the board of directors. This is to pass a resolution to change the name of the company.
- Check availability of new name: After the board of directors has passed a resolution to change the name of the company, you need to check if the new name is available for registration. You can do this by conducting a name search at the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB).
- File Form D1: After confirming the availability of the new name, you need to file Form D1 with the URSB. This form is used to give notice of change of name.
- Publish a notice: After filing Form D1, you need to publish a notice of the proposed change of name in the Uganda Gazette and in at least two newspapers of general circulation in Uganda.
- Obtain a new Certificate of Incorporation: After the notice has been published, you need to obtain a new Certificate of Incorporation with the new name from the URSB.
- Update other records: After obtaining the new Certificate of Incorporation, you need to update other records such as bank accounts, tax records, and any licenses or permits that may have been issued in the old name of the company.
#Register your company, Company formation services,Incorporation services, Register your business online,Business Name search