To Register a Local Company limited by Shares, – Reserve the name to be used and then file the following documents with the Registrar of Companies:
a) Companies Registration Form (s.18)
b) Memorandum and Articles of Association (if any)
c) Other Company forms
- A1 – Statement of Nominal Capital.
To register a Local company limited by guarantee, one needs to reserve the name to be used and then file the following documents with Registrar of Companies:
- Company Registration Form (s.18)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association;
When you have all the documents ready, pick assessments forms from URSB offices or do self- assessment and pay registration fees and stamp duty. Upon registration, the Registrar will issue a certificate on incorporation within two working days. After the company has been registered, the following forms must be filed (Company Returns).
- -Company Form 20 – Particulars of Directors and Secretaries (Within 14 days)
- -Company Form 18 – Notice of Situation of Registered Office & Postal Address (within 14 days)
- -Company Form 10 – Return of allotment (within 60 days)
- -Form of Annual Return for a company limited by shares (to be filed once every year).
Registering a Foreign Company
A foreign company is a company which is incorporated in another country. If such a company wishes to carry out business in Uganda, it must be registered. To register a foreign company, the following documents are required: a. Certified copies of Memorandum of Articles of Association/Charter/ Constitution and Certificate from the country of origin duly witnessed. b. Registration forms:
- -Form 24 – Particulars of Directors and Secretary
- -Form 13 – Statement of all subsisting charges
- -Form 25 – List of Names and Address of Persons Resident in Uganda authorized to accept service on behalf of the company.
- -Form 26 – Address and Principle Office of Company.
When you have all the documents ready, do self-assessment or pick assessment forms from URSB offices and pay the necessary fees. Upon registration, the Registrar will issue a certificate of registration within two working days. visit URSB for more information